Descendants of Henry HALL
Generation No. 1
1. HENRY1 HALL was born Jun 17, 1676 in Sussex, ENG1, and died Apr 1722 in Anne Arundel Co, MD1. He married MARY DUVALL, daughter of MAREEN DUVALL and SUSANNA SOMEBODY. She was born 16831, and died Aft. 17221.
Notes for HENRY HALL:
Attended St. Peters college, Cambridge and was ordained priest of the Established Church, Nov. 11, 1697, by the Lord Bishop of London. On May 7, 1698, he was formally inducted as the first rector of St. James Parish, AA Co, MD, where he served until his death. He is buried in the churchyard and a memorial window (or plaque) is erected at the church in his memory, which survives in 2006.
Children of HENRY HALL and MARY DUVALL are:
2. i. HENRY2 HALL, JR., b. Mar 12, 1702, Anne Arundel Co, MD; d. Jun 1756.
ii. MARY HALL, b. Nov 09, 17041.
iii. BENJAMIN HALL, b. Jan 13, 17061; d. Dec 06, 17081.
iv. MARTHA HALL, b. Oct 27, 17081; d. Apr 08, 17521; m. STEPHEN WEST, Apr 28, 17261.
3. v. BENJAMIN HALL, b. Nov 29, 1710; d. 1760.
vi. MAGDELEN HALL, b. Dec 26, 17121.
4. vii. EDWARD HALL, b. May 04, 1714.
5. viii. JOHN HALL, b. Apr 26, 1716; d. Apr 14, 1790.
ix. WILLIAM HALL, b. Oct 23, 17191.
Notes for WILLIAM HALL:
Became a wealthy shipping merchant and resided at Elk Ridge and Baltimore, MD.
Generation No. 2
2. HENRY2 HALL, JR. (HENRY1) was born Mar 12, 1702 in Anne Arundel Co, MD1, and died Jun 1756. He married (1) MARTHA BATEMAN Sep 25, 17231. She died Aug 25, 17341. He married (2) ELIZABETH LANSDALE Nov 12, 17341. She was born in Prince George's Co, MD.
Notes for HENRY HALL, JR.:
Was a planter in AA County, and was commissioned a major in the county militia.
Children of HENRY HALL and MARTHA BATEMAN are:
6. i. HENRY3 HALL, b. May 27, 1727; d. Mar 1770.
ii. JOHN HALL, b. Nov 23, 17291; d. Nov 23, 17791; m. ELEANOR DORSEY.
Notes for JOHN HALL:
Known as "John Hall barrister" and "John Hall of Annapolis" and "John Hall of the vinyard". Was an influencial lawyer and member of the Continental Congress.
Notes for ELEANOR DORSEY:
Children of HENRY HALL and ELIZABETH LANSDALE are:
7. iii. EDWARD3 HALL, b. Dec 19, 1735.
8. iv. ISAAC HALL, b. Mar 17, 1737.
v. MARTHA HALL, b. Mar 18, 17411; d. May 28, 17471.
9. vi. THOMAS HENRY HALL, b. Sep 04, 1744; d. Nov 07, 1788, Washington Co, MD.
10. vii. MARGARET HALL, b. Dec 19, 1746.
11. viii. WILLIAM HALL III, b. Jan 13, 1748; d. 1815.
ix. MARY HALL, b. Feb 07, 17521.
x. MARTHA HALL, b. Feb 27, 17551.
3. BENJAMIN2 HALL (HENRY1) was born Nov 29, 17101, and died 17601. He married SOPHIA WELSH Dec 09, 17311, daughter of JOHN WELSH and THOMASIN HOPKINS.
Notes for BENJAMIN HALL:
From MD Wills and abstracts: Liber 30, folio 784, 28 April 1759
HILL, BENJAMIN, Queen Ann's Parish, Prince George's Co.
To my wife, her 1/3 my p. e.
To son Benjamin Hall, my part of Parrots Manor (my dw. plntn.), negroes Toney, Cate, & Jerey, horse Red Bird, a horse colt & a mare, 4 cows & calves I
bought of Charles Carrol, & other livestock.
To son William Hall, my part of Pleasant Grove & L 40 sterl. when he is 21.
To son Edward Hall, L 100 sterl when he is 21.
To youngest son, Henry Hall, L 130 sterl. when he is 21.
To daus. Sarah Hall, Sophia Hall, & Martha Hall, L 100 at age 16 or mar.
Extrs: wife, Sophia Hall, & son Benjamin Hall.
Witn: John Wells, Abraham Woodward, Henry Hall.
29 Jan. 1760, sworn to by all 3 witn.
Children of BENJAMIN HALL and SOPHIA WELSH are:
i. JOHN3 HALL, b. Nov 30, 17321.
Notes for JOHN HALL:
ii. BENJAMIN HALL, b. Abt. 17341; d. Abt. 17831; m. (1) ELEANOR MURDOCK; m. (2) REBECCA MAGRUDER.
Notes for BENJAMIN HALL:
A delegate to the first Constitutional Convention of MD in 1776 and a signer of the Declaration of Freemen.
12. iii. WILLIAM HALL, b. Abt. 1735, Prince George's Co, MD; d. Abt. 1792, Prince George's Co, MD.
iv. EDWARD HALL, b. 17431; d. Abt. 1785, Frederick Co, MD1.
Notes for EDWARD HALL:
v. JOHN HENRY HALL, b. Abt. 17451.
vi. SARAH HALL, b. Abt. 17461; m. MARSH MAREEN DUVALL.
vii. SOPHIA HALL, b. Abt. 17481; m. BELT MULLIKIN.
13. viii. MARTHA HALL, b. Abt. 1750.
4. EDWARD2 HALL (HENRY1) was born May 04, 17141. He married MARTHA DUCKETT. She was born 17162.
Child of EDWARD HALL and MARTHA DUCKETT is:
i. JOHN3 HALL, m. ACHSAH MARRIOTT2.
5. JOHN2 HALL (HENRY1) was born Apr 26, 17163, and died Apr 14, 17903. He married ANN WELLS, daughter of THOMAS WELLS.
Children of JOHN HALL and ANN WELLS are:
i. MARTHA3 HALL, b. Dec 23, 17473.
ii. ELIZABETH HALL, b. Jul 10, 17513.
iii. ANNE HALL, b. May 10, 17543.
iv. MARY MAGDALEN HALL, b. Mar 10, 17593.
14. v. WILLIAM HENRY HALL, b. Nov 19, 1762.
Generation No. 3
6. HENRY3 HALL (HENRY2, HENRY1) was born May 27, 17273, and died Mar 17703. He married ELIZABETH WATKINS Dec 27, 17483.
Notes for HENRY HALL:
Died of smallpox, according to the Colonial Families of the US family history.
Children of HENRY HALL and ELIZABETH WATKINS are:
15. i. HENRY (HARRY)4 HALL, b. Jul 21, 1751; d. 1798.
16. ii. NICHOLAS HALL, b. Abt. 1753; d. Dec 20, 1821.
17. iii. WILLIAM HALL, b. 1755, Anne Arundel Co, MD; d. Aft. 1800, Anne Arundel Co, MD.
iv. JOHN STEPHEN HALL.
18. v. MARTHA HALL.
vi. MARGARET HALL.
Notes for MARGARET HALL:
vii. ANNE HALL, m. (1) THOMAS RUTLAND; m. (2) JOHN WATKINS.
viii. MARY ANN HALL, m. THOMAS WILLIAM HALL; b. Abt. 1770, Anne Arundel Co, MD4.
ix. ELIZABETH HALL.
7. EDWARD3 HALL (HENRY2, HENRY1) was born Dec 19, 17355. He married MARTHA DUCKETT Jun 14, 17645, daughter of RICHARD DUCKETT and ELIZABETH WILLIAMS. She was born Mar 17, 1738 in Prince George's Co, MD6.
Notes for EDWARD HALL:
According to Daniel de Butts (email@example.com) on Ancestry.com: "Didn't leave anything to his Grandson James Edward in his will. He was broke and owed a lot of people money and didn't have anything to leave. James Edward felt left out and left Maryland forever coming to Virginia with his mother,sisters ,wife,& child. Mother lived at Cumnor between Markham and Linden,Fauquier Co.Va. East bound Route 66 now covers the spot where this house stood . He moved to Crednal across the road from Welbourne in Loudoun,Co.Va."
Children of EDWARD HALL and MARTHA DUCKETT are:
19. i. RICHARD4 HALL, d. 1823.
ii. THOMAS WILLIAM HALL, b. Abt. 1770, Anne Arundel Co, MD7; m. MARY ANN HALL.
8. ISAAC3 HALL (HENRY2, HENRY1) was born Mar 17, 17378. He married RUTH JACOB.
Child of ISAAC HALL and RUTH JACOB is:
i. EDWARD4 HALL.
9. THOMAS HENRY3 HALL (HENRY2, HENRY1) was born Sep 04, 17449, and died Nov 07, 1788 in Washington Co, MD9. He married BARBARA BOWIE, daughter of THOMAS BOWIE and HANNAH LEE. She was born Nov 13, 175610.
Notes for THOMAS HENRY HALL:
Ann Arundel County Census for 1776
Name Page White White White Black Black Black Taxables
` # Men Women Child. Men Women Child.
Thomas Henry Hall 5 1 1 1 5 5 11 11
William Hall 5 1 1 1 3 1 5 5
Children of THOMAS HALL and BARBARA BOWIE are:
i. THOMAS BOWIE4 HALL, m. ANN BUCHANAN POTTINGER, Oct 27, 1808, Baltimore Co, MD11.
ii. LETITIA SPRIGG HALL, m. SOMEBODY STULL.
iii. BARBARA BOWIE HALL, b. Abt. 178212.
iv. ELIZABETH BOWIE HALL, m. OTHO HOLLAND WILLIAMS.
v. HANNAH W. HALL.
10. MARGARET3 HALL (HENRY2, HENRY1) was born Dec 19, 174613. She married RICHARD HARWOOD, son of THOMAS HARWOOD and SARAH BELT. He was born Oct 08, 1722.
Children of MARGARET HALL and RICHARD HARWOOD are:
i. ANNE ELIZABETH4 HARWOOD.
ii. ELIZABETH ANN HARWOOD, m. OSBORN SPRIGG HARWOOD.
iii. HENRY HALL HARWOOD, m. ELIZABETH LLOYD, 180513.
iv. THOMAS HARWOOD.
v. HENRIETTA HARWOOD.
vi. BENJAMIN HARWOOD, m. MARGARET HALL.
11. WILLIAM3 HALL III (HENRY2, HENRY1) was born Jan 13, 174813, and died 181513. He married MARGARET HARWOOD Feb 03, 177413, daughter of THOMAS HARWOOD and RACHEL SPRIGG.
Notes for WILLIAM HALL III:
Was a lawyer.
Children of WILLIAM HALL and MARGARET HARWOOD are:
i. THOMAS4 HALL.
ii. RICHARD HALL.
iii. MARGARET HALL, m. BENJAMIN HARWOOD.
iv. RACHEL HALL.
v. HARRY HALL.
vi. MARY DRYDEN HALL.
vii. ELIZABETH HALL.
viii. WILLIAM JOHN HALL.
12. WILLIAM3 HALL (BENJAMIN2, HENRY1) was born Abt. 1735 in Prince George's Co, MD13, and died Abt. 1792 in Prince George's Co, MD13. He married ANN DUCKETT, daughter of RICHARD DUCKETT and ELIZABETH WILLIAMS. She died 181513.
Children of WILLIAM HALL and ANN DUCKETT are:
i. ELIZABETH4 HALL, b. May 04, 176513.
ii. RACHEL HALL, b. May 04, 176513.
iii. RICHARD DUCKETT HALL, b. May 06, 176813.
Notes for RICHARD DUCKETT HALL:
From MD Chancery records: 1797/12/11
2612: Richard Duckett Hall vs. Hannah West and Stephen West, Jr. PG. Estate of William Hall of Benjamin. Recorded (Chancery Record) 73, p. 364. Accession No.: 17,898-2612-1/17 MSA S512-3- 2688 Location: 1/36/2/
iv. WILLIAM HALL, JR., b. Oct 30, 176913.
v. BARUCH HALL, b. Jan 16, 177313.
vi. ANNE HALL, b. Apr 01, 177413.
vii. JACOB DUCKETT HALL, b. Apr 06, 177513.
viii. MARTHA HALL, b. Jun 08, 177713.
ix. EDWARD HALL, b. Nov 03, 177813.
x. THOMAS HALL, b. Jul 17, 178113.
xi. RIGNAL DUCKETT HALL, b. Mar 31, 178313.
xii. GRAFTON HALL, b. Sep 01, 1784.
xiii. ISAAC HALL, b. Jun 28, 178813.
xiv. JOHN HALL, b. May 179113.
13. MARTHA3 HALL (BENJAMIN2, HENRY1) was born Abt. 175013. She married WILLIAM HALL, son of FRANCIS HALL.
Child of MARTHA HALL and WILLIAM HALL is:
i. WILLIAM A.4 HALL.
14. WILLIAM HENRY3 HALL (JOHN2, HENRY1) was born Nov 19, 176213. He married MARGARET GASSAWAY WATKINS, daughter of GASSAWAY WATKINS and DINAH SOMEBODY.
Children of WILLIAM HALL and MARGARET WATKINS are:
i. WILLIAM HENRY4 HALL, b. Feb 10, 179613.
ii. THOMAS JOHN HALL, b. Jun 24, 180013.
iii. GASSAWAY HALL, b. May 11, 180414.
Generation No. 4
15. HENRY (HARRY)4 HALL (HENRY3, HENRY2, HENRY1) was born Jul 21, 175115, and died 179815. He married (1) SARAH JACOB, daughter of MORDACCI JACOB and JEMIMA ISAAC. He married (2) MARGARET HOWARD. He married (3) RACHEL HARWOOD.
Children of HENRY HALL and MARGARET HOWARD are:
i. HENRY5 HALL, b. Dec 07, 177615.
ii. JOSEPH HALL, m. HARRIET SELLMAN.
Notes for JOSEPH HALL:
Was an MD.
iii. MARGERY HALL, b. Apr 11, 178115.
iv. JOHN WASHINGTON HALL, b. Apr 07, 178315.
Children of HENRY HALL and RACHEL HARWOOD are:
v. MARY ANN5 HALL, b. Jan 03, 179115.
vi. ELIZABETH HALL.
Notes for ELIZABETH HALL:
Married Thomas William Hall, her cousin, a son of Edward Hall.
vii. THOMAS HARWOOD HALL.
Notes for THOMAS HARWOOD HALL:
Probably died young.
viii. RICHARD HENRY HALL, m. HARRIET KENT.
Notes for RICHARD HENRY HALL:
Was a "commission merchant" in Baltimore City for many years.
ix. OSBORNE SPRIGG HALL.
Notes for OSBORNE SPRIGG HALL:
According to "Colonial Families", he died unmarried and held office in Washington (DC?).
16. NICHOLAS4 HALL (HENRY3, HENRY2, HENRY1) was born Abt. 175315, and died Dec 20, 182115. He married ANNE GRIFFITH16, daughter of HENRY GRIFFITH and RUTH HAMMOND.
Notes for NICHOLAS HALL:
Military: 10 Jun 1778. 19 Captain In The Maryland Militia
Founder: 1793, New Market, Frederick, Maryland.
Child of NICHOLAS HALL and ANNE GRIFFITH is:
i. ELIZABETH5 HALL, m. JOHN PITTS; b. 177216; d. 182116.
17. WILLIAM4 HALL (HENRY3, HENRY2, HENRY1) was born 1755 in Anne Arundel Co, MD17, and died Aft. 1800 in Anne Arundel Co, MD17. He married MARTHA DUCKETT, daughter of RICHARD DUCKETT and MARTHA WARING. She was born 175917.
Notes for WILLIAM HALL:
Inherited a large amount of land in Frederick County, where he moved and where all his children were born. Later in life, he returned to Anne Arundel County.
Children of WILLIAM HALL and MARTHA DUCKETT are:
i. RICHARD HENRY5 HALL.
ii. ELIZABETH HALL.
iii. MARGARET HALL.
iv. MARY HALL.
v. NANCY HALL, m. SAMUEL HOPKINS.
Notes for SAMUEL HOPKINS:
A cousin to Johns Hopkins.
vi. SOPHIA HALL.
vii. LUCY HALL.
viii. BASIL DUCKETT HALL, b. Aug 21, 1797, Anne Arundel Co, MD17; d. May 05, 1875, Anne Arundel Co, MD17; m. (1) MARGARET DAVIDSON, Sep 08, 183617; b. Sep 29, 181017; d. Aug 04, 185617; m. (2) ANNE D. MULLIKIN, Jun 30, 186317; d. Apr 189617.
ix. CAROLINE HALL.
x. CATHERINE HALL.
xi. HARRIET HALL.
18. MARTHA4 HALL (HENRY3, HENRY2, HENRY1) She married JOSEPH HOWARD, son of JOSEPH HOWARD, SR..
Children of MARTHA HALL and JOSEPH HOWARD are:
i. JOSEPH5 HOWARD.
ii. MARGARET HOWARD.
19. RICHARD4 HALL (EDWARD3, HENRY2, HENRY1) died 182318. He married SARAH MARTHA COWMAN Jan 178918.
Child of RICHARD HALL and SARAH COWMAN is:
i. JAMES EDWARD5 HALL18, d. Crednal, Loudoun Co, VA18; m. LOUISA DULANY, Oct 21, 182018; b. , MD18; d. , Crednal, Upperville, VA18.
1. Colonial Families of the U.S., (Vol. II).
2. Pitard Genealogy site.
3. Colonial Families of the U.S., (Vol. II).
4. kylesammin, Ancestry.com- kylesammin.
5. Colonial Families of the U.S., (Vol. II).
6. Ancestry.com- Gingafee3.
7. kylesammin, Ancestry.com- kylesammin.
8. Colonial Families of the U.S., (Vol. II).
9. Karl Edler, From: http://edlers.org/.
10. Les Beatty, Bowie Family Bible, posted on Bowie site.
11. The Generations Network, Inc., 2004, Maryland Marriages, 1655-1850, accessed through Ancestry.com.
12. Donna Van Zandt, (Rootsweb archives).
13. Colonial Families of the U.S., (Vol. II).
14. Pitard Genealogy site.
15. Colonial Families of the U.S., (Vol. II).
16. Descendants of William Griffith and Sarrah Maccubin.
17. Colonial Families of the U.S., (Vol. II).
18. Daniel de Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com- de Butts.